Training Technical Group

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

The TRAINING TECHNICAL GROUP provides a mechanism for information and interchange among people interested in training and training research.
  • 1.  Welcome Message - 2024

Posted 01-05-2024 00:41
      |   view attached

Dear HFES Training Technical Group Members,

Happy New Year!

Previously you received messages from me as the TTG Program Chair, I am thankful for your support and providing me this great opportunity to lead the Training TG for the next 2 years or so. I would like to thank and acknowledge Jennifer Winner's leadership of the TTG in the previous years and would like to welcome our new Program TG Chair – Megan Morris.

On this note, I would like to remind you that the call for nomination for the TTG Leadership role as an Electronic Communications Chair for TTG is now open until January 31st 23:00 (US Eastern Time). If you would like to volunteer or know someone who would be interested in the role, please email me your EOIs (o.molloy@unsw.edu.au).

Reflecting on the recent HFES conference, it was great to reconnect with colleagues and see familiar faces, as well as meet new members of TTG and many more. I would like to thank everyone who was involved in making this event happen. This includes:

-   - our Reviewers who did a fantastic job in selecting high-quality research and dedicated their time to provide feedback and recommendations;

-        - our Presenters who showcased their findings with the Training TG community which was a great success (!); and Program Chairs for their efforts in leading the sessions.

-       - our TG Officers who worked hard all year to ensure that attention is paid to all details of preparation to the event.

We had fantastic two Lecture sessions and one Discussion Panel. One of the Lecture sessions was organized jointly with Extended Reality TG for the first time. All sessions were well-attended and engaging, contributing to the knowledge and expertise of the technical group, with approximately 87 people in each session. Additionally, our joint social get-together together with XRTG during the conference provided an informal setting for both TG members to connect, network, and share insights in a relaxed atmosphere. We would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to all the TTG members who participated and contributed to the success of these events. If you missed the TTG Business Meeting, please see attached PPT slides for your information. 

During our meeting, we presented the 2023 TTG Best Student Paper Award and Best Research Proposal Award. On behalf of our TG I would like to congratulate Ashley Warren, a PhD Candidate at Purdue University, with the paper "Effect of Motion Feedback on Skill Acquisition: Training Performance using an Excavator Simulator".  Congratulations to Reganne Miller, a PhD Candidate at Georgia Institute of Technology, with the research proposal "Preference for Pedagogical Agent: Effect on Learning, Motivation, Satisfaction and Cognitive Load". We invite students to prepare a paper for the upcoming best student paper award at the HFES Annual Meeting, and a student research proposal for the best research proposal award. More details will be coming soon.

I would like to remind you that this is the time of the year to renew your HFES and TTG Membership. Please use this link to renew your membership and enjoy the perks of the Training TG and HFES Community HFES - Human Factors and Ergonomics Society > Membership > Renew Your Membership

We would like to invite you all to prepare research submissions of various formats on the topics around training in various domains for the upcoming HFES Annual Meeting. More information about the submission and review process will follow once we receive more guidance from the HFES / ASPIRE 2024. 

At the last Annual Meeting, HFES has announced a new initiative for TGs – Circle of Excellence (for more details refer to this link – Technical Group Circle of Excellence Program (hfes.org)). If you would like to suggest activities of your interest in TTG, a speaker, or you are willing to be a speaker at our next webinar, please feel free to contact me with your suggestions (o.molloy@unsw.edu.au). Stay tuned for upcoming TTG news, activities and initiatives as we continue to promote excellence in the field of human factors and ergonomics within our technical group.

We appreciate everyone and each of you for being a valuable member of the Training TG and looking forwards to working with you in 2024 and beyond!

Best regards, 

------------------------------
    Dr Oleksandra Molloy
    Training TG Chair
    ------------------------------

Attachment(s)