Health Care Technical Group

ย View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

The HEALTH CARE TECHNICAL GROUP (Formerly Medical Systems and Rehabilitation) The Health Care Technical Group is interested in maximizing the contributions of human factors and ergonomics to medical systems effectiveness and the quality of life of people who are functionally impaired.
  • 1.  Update from the IEA Healthcare Ergonomics TC

Posted 01-17-2024 09:49

Happy new year! Please find below an update from the Healthcare Ergonomics TC:  

1. The call for submissions for IEA2024(Aug 25-29 in the Republic of Korea) is open, closing Feb 29th. This is a hybrid event, so please consider submitting a paper or special session to showcase some of your healthcare ergonomics work! https://www.iea2024.com

1. Save the date for our next Early Career Researchers and Practitioners (ECR/Ps) webinar, which will be on Friday, February 9th, 2024 at 10:30am- 12:00 pm (USA- Central Time). A flyer with presenter details will be distributed soon.

1. The IEA has recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the International Society of Pharmacovigilance (ISoP). The Healthcare Ergonomics TC is very excited about this ๐Ÿ˜Š We are looking for TC members who are interested in medication safety and in exploring opportunities for collaborating with ISoP moving forward. Please let me know if this is you. www.isoponline.org

1. The Nova School of Public Health, Portugal, is seeking expert(s) to develop the outline, teaching notes, and materials for a Regulatory Compliance and Accreditation module. This project is time-sensitive and must be completed by 26th February 2024. If you are interested in the project or would like to learn more, please contact the Project Manager - Joana Seringa jm.seringa@ensp.unl.pt by Friday, 12th January 2024.

We are looking forward to a productive and collaborative 2024!

Melissa, Marijke, Armagan, Sara, Hamid, Saydia, Adeola and Eva-Maria

Melissa Baysari PhD FAIDH | Professor of Human Factors

The University of Sydney

Faculty of Medicine and Health, School of Medical Sciences, Biomedical Informatics and Digital Health | Charles Perkins Centre

Research lead, Digital Health Human Factors Research Group

Room 136, RC Mills Building (A26) | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006

Ph: +612 8627 9245 Melissa.baysari@sydney.edu.au | sydney.edu.au

------------------------------
    Abigail R. Wooldridge, PhD
    Assistant Professor & ISE Faculty Fellow
    Department of Industrial & Enterprise Systems Engineering
    University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    209A Transportation Building
    104 South Mathews Avenue
    Urbana, IL 61801
    Email: arwool@illinois.edu
    Phone: 1-217-300-8086
    https://hfss.ise.illinois.edu
    Pronouns: she/her/hers
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Update from the IEA Healthcare Ergonomics TC

Posted 01-18-2024 01:32
    From personal experience, I have referenced videos on veterinary surgical ergonomics for content in my "human" settings. While patients are different, the human worker and many of the operational issues remain the same. I'm curious to know what aspects of vet HF (e.g. procedural ergonomics, medication safety etc.) might she be focusing on? 

Taking connectivity for granted with my iPhone competitor