Training Technical Group

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

The TRAINING TECHNICAL GROUP provides a mechanism for information and interchange among people interested in training and training research.
  • 1.  Training Technical Group Call for Reviewers

Posted 07-26-2022 10:48

As is our tradition, this year the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES) Training Technical Group (TTG) is offering two competitions for students.

The Best Student Paper Award is awarded to the student who submits the best Proceedings paper.  The student receives $250.  The Best Student Research Proposal Award is awarded to the student who submits the best research proposal.  The student receives $750 to defray the costs of the research and attending next year's HFES Annual Meeting.  The winner is asked to report on the winning research project at next year's TTG business meeting (i.e., the 2022 meeting).

To administer these awards, the HFES TTG is looking for individuals who are able to review nominees for each of these awards.  Each reviewer will be assigned approximately three papers to review and will be given a scoring rubric to complete.  Your scores and comments will be combined with others to provide feedback to the student authors and to select this year's winners. 

If you are willing to serve as a reviewer, please reach out to me with your contact information and an indication of which of these contests you would like to support.

Thank you in advance for supporting the next generation of emerging scientists!

All the best,

Jim McCarthy

mccarthy@sonalysts.com

-----------------------------------------------------------

James E. McCarthy, Ph.D.

Vice President, Instructional Systems

image001.jpg

2900 Presidential Drive; Suite #190

Fairborn, OH 45324

937-429-9711, Ext 100

mccarthy@sonalysts.com

• 2.  RE: Training Technical Group Call for Reviewers

Posted 08-05-2022 15:18

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to set out an reminder that that deadline for the HFES Training Technical Group's Best Student Research Proposal competition is in TWO WEEKS (Friday August 19th).  Please help me get the word out to students throughout the Human Factors community!

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Jim

-----------------------------------------------------------

James E. McCarthy, Ph.D.

Vice President, Instructional Systems

image001.jpg

2900 Presidential Drive; Suite #190

Fairborn, OH 45324

937-429-9711, Ext 100

mccarthy@sonalysts.com