Human-AI-Robot Teaming Technical Group

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

The HUMAN-AI-ROBOT TEAMING Technical Group will organize all HF researchers’ efforts in Human–AI–Robot Teaming to agree on the status of this field, collectively address the important research and practical issues, and provide multidisciplinary solutions that enhance human factors research with advanced technology testbeds and analytics techniques. They will also bring collaborations between HF researchers and AI robotics researchers to advance the science in Human–AI–Robot Teaming by inviting related non-HF researchers to HFES annual meetings or hosting outreach workshops to reach researchers in related fields.
  • 1.  May 2024 HART TG Member Conversations_Maya Luster

Posted 05-27-2024 18:00

Note. Sorry for sending the notice at the last minute. I won't be able to make it, and Dr. Kelly Neville, our HART TG Chair-elect, will be the host.

Dear HART TG members,

We fulfill our HART TG's mission by engaging multidisciplinary TG members in scientific discussions and practices. Our monthly TG member conversations are held on the last Tuesdays of each month at 12 pm ET. This is a great learning and networking opportunity in HART TG. 

Our next event will be on Tuesday, May 28th, from 12 pm to 1 pm Eastern Time. The topic of the lightning talk will be "Human-Autonomous Vehicle (AV) Teaming: A Novel Exploration into Semi-Autonomous Vehicle Owners' Perceptions of Collaborating with Their Vehicles.
    " Our guest speaker is Maya Luster from Purdue University.  

Bio: Maya Luster is a current PhD Candidate in Industrial Engineering at Purdue University. She is an Associate Human Factors Professional (AHFP) certified by the Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics (BCPE), and currently a Lab Manager and Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) in the Next-generation Human-systems and Cognitive Engineering (NHanCE) lab at Purdue University working with Dr. Brandon J. Pitts. She earned her MS in Industrial and System Engineering from Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) in 2018 and her BS in Electrical Engineering from Mississippi State University (MSU) in 2015. She has experience as a GRA in the Occupational Biomechanics Lab at RIT and Undergraduate Research Assistant with the Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems (CAVS) at MSU. She also has co-op and internship industry experience with numerous Fortune 500 companies.

A rough agenda: 5-minute announcements from TG members, 10-15 minute lightning talk, followed by Q&A and group discussions. Think about questions you may want to discuss with the speaker and the group and provide constructive feedback to the speaker. 

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: Zoom link here
        Password: 093725

Here is our rolling meeting agenda and minutes for 2024: here.

Best regards,
    Lixiao

------------------------------
    Lixiao Huang, PhD
    HART TG Chair
    Associate Research Scientist
    Arizona State University
    lixiao.huang@asu.edu

• 2.  RE: May 2024 HART TG Member Conversations_Maya Luster

Posted 05-28-2024 13:35

Dear HART TG members,

I would like to express a huge thanks to all those who attended my talk today. I am thrilled that my topic was received well, and I greatly enjoyed the thoughtful discussions that followed. Although this talk was not accepted for this year's ASPIRE, it was an honor to be able to present this work to my research community. Thank you all again, and I look forward to engaging in more Monthly TG Member conversations in the future.

Best,
    Maya

Maya Luster
    Ph.D. Candidate
    Associate Human Factors Professional
    Purdue University
    West Lafayette IN